Every parent would say that they want their children to succeed in life. Being intentional in teaching children a variety of virtues can help children grow into adults that are well-respected, well-rounded and fulfilled.
Here's my list of qualities and attributes that I think every parent, grandparent, teacher and care provider should help develop in the kids they influence:
- Show and communicate Love
- Teach Kindness
- The worth of friendship—making good friends and being a good friend
- Teach them the value of work hard
- The balance of play and work
- The value of family
- Willingness to accept blame, and acknowledge fault
- To have a curiosity about life—to love learning
- Let them fail and learn from their failures
- Instill moral values
- To make wise choices and to understand consequences
- Teach Spiritual Truth--Help them see that they were created for a purpose and to know The Creator.
- Teach Manners
- Teach them gratitude/thankfulness/appreciation
- Teach them humility
- How to manage money wisely
Model, not just mouth. Teaching involves more than just talking. Teach truth by example. If you say you value kindness, show kindness. If you want to instill manners in your children, consistently demonstrate good manners. Pattern a lifestyle of the values you would love to see in your adult children.
Blog Administrator: Trisha Roberts
Copyright © 2017 TNT Inspired Enterprise, LLC, All rights reserved.
Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.